Our approach to Therapy
We seek to tailor our therapeutic approach to the particular concerns of each client.
First, we will try to match the needs and preferences of the client with the most suitable therapist/counsellor. Second, from the variety of therapeutic methods available to us, we will aim to offer those that best match the client’s needs.
Generally, we like to start counselling/therapy by using Systemic Psychotherapeutic ideas to build up a picture of the important past and current relationships in an individual’s life, (or in a couple’s or family’s lives if we are working with these situations). From this initial exploration we will chose, together with our client, the best way forward. In some cases this may be a continuation of Systemic Psychotherapy. In other cases where we find, for example, that the client’s difficulties are due to unresolved traumas, we will offer EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitization and Reprocessing) because it is so effective in healing these conditions.
We mainly use these therapeutic approaches:-
* EMDR (Eye Movement Desensitisation and Reprocessing).
* Systemic Psychotherapy.
* Conflict Resolution through ‘Co-Mediation’
* SFBT (Solution Focussed Brief Therapy).
* AI (Appreciative Inquiry).
* VR (Non Violent Resistance)
* CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy).
View some of our case examples.
One of our core values is to respect difference, including the right of people to hold different views. We take pride in being able to work effectively with people from a wide variety of social, ethnic, gender and other backgrounds.
We aim to see clients within one week of them contacting us.
- Bullying: My transformation described as ‘awesome’
- Car accident: EMDR was incredibly effective
- Childhood abuse: Freedom found at last - 28years after attack
- Childhood neglect: No longer waking up each morning thinking about past and childhood
- Sexual assault: Red is now just a colour rather than blood
- Family & Couple Therapy
- Individual Counselling